"Please ask a [mvce]".
Let's link that to mcve to help avoid confusion, especially to new users.

From the mcve page:

You may have been told to include a MCVE by some helpful commentatory, or perhaps even an MVCE if they were rushed; sorry for the initialisms, this is what they were referring to.

I doubt that [mvce] will be needed for a different magic link any time soon anyways..

  • Hi! You might get a better response if you post an mcve. – Robert Columbia Dec 25 '16 at 1:33
  • I think this is a fair question for MSE. Perhaps it is only currently applicable to SO, but Users Can Report Bugs On Whatever Child Meta Site Suits Them and this may expand to language.SO sites too. – hichris123 Dec 25 '16 at 18:00
  • @hichris123 that MSO post is arguing for posting on per-site meta's (and specifically MSO in that case) instead of here... – Cai Dec 25 '16 at 21:37
  • @Cai "It might help y'all to know that we can and do have tooling to track bugs across the entire network without the need for unproductive migration" "If a report is properly tagged, we will see it no matter where it sits". – hichris123 Dec 25 '16 at 21:39
  • @hichris123 yes but that was said arguing the complete opposite point your making (and about bug reports), just because someone will see it doesn't mean it should be asked here. The point is this question is specific to SO. – Cai Dec 25 '16 at 21:41
  • For the time being, @Cai, not for long (I hope) (see Sugestão de um novo magic link). The point is this is a part of the SE system as a whole, it's not site policy where the community decides/etc. I'd argue that means it's applicable here, and that trying to figure out "is it better here or on site X" is unproductive migration and a waste of time. – hichris123 Dec 25 '16 at 21:44

Browse other questions tagged .