Winter Bash 2016 is not over yet (it started later than usual this year and will end later than usual), but after noticing that the corresponding versions of this question for Winter Bash 2015 and Winter Bash 2014 were posted on Jan 4 2016 and Jan 4 2015 respectively, I figured it would be fitting to post this year's version on Jan 4 2017.
Please post your suggestions regarding how to make Winter Bash 2017 even more fun than Winter Bash 2016.
- New suggestions for hats and hat triggers (either regular or secret ones)
- Which hats should be kept?
- Which hats should be retired?
- Do we want more secret Hats?
- Do we want more secret hats that don't get triggered until long after the start of Winter Bash?
Let's keep the traditional format of one suggestion per answer, so people can vote on individual suggestions.
See also: Winter Bash wrap-up on the SO blog