While putting together a list of non-english Stack Exchange communities, I noticed an odd inconsistency in the URL styles.
At first I wasn't sure why the URL for Russian Language was truncated. After some experimentation, I discovered that there were actually two different Russian Language Stack Exchange communities.
- Russian Language (Russian):
- Russian Language (English):
It seems odd to have more than one site dedicated to learning Russian. From what I can tell, the only other SE community available in multiple languages is Stack Overflow.
- Why are there two different Russian Language communities?
- Are there any major differences apart from the site-language?
- What other multi-language communities are there?