I noticed some HTML entities are not being rendered properly in search:
This behavior happens with all searches that return that post.
I have noticed this happens with at least 3 entities, as can be seen in these searches:
This behavior does not happen with all HTML entities:
- A similar bug report (specifically about
<) can be found here, and was marked status-completed. And it does seem to be fixed for
- It does not work with the accented characters (âçöóČ) as seen here.
- My own testing has found that most entities are properly rendered. in fact, brackets are properly with
], as seen in this search
If you know of any other entities that are not being properly rendered, feel free to leave a comment.
This query may help. It finds posts that use HTML entities (replace
* with the HTML entity you want to find):
Select top 50 PostId as [Post Link], text from posthistory where text like '%*%'