Multiple times today, when I have clicked open a link to one of the sites in the network, I have seen a green highlight with something like "+49" as if I had recently earned an additional 49 reputation points since I last reviewed my reputation.
But these reports are for reputation which was already reported as new before, which I have reviewed already.
I don't have precise details, but something like this:
- Answered a question on Stack Overflow. Earned +30 rep which was reported with a green badge. I clicked it open and found out that this was the case.
- Time passed. Opened pages on multiple sites, including but not limited to Graphic Design, Stack Overflow, and other sites.
- Opened a page on Drupal and saw the same reputation reported as new again. Clicking it open revealed that this was the same report I had already seen on Stack Overflow. Shrug.
- Somebody upvoted an old answer of mine. I saw +10 and clicked it to see what I had earned the reputation points from. This marks the reputation as already seen, and I should not be notified about it again.
- Time passed. Opened pages on multiple sites, including but not limited to Graphic Design, Drupal, Stack Overflow, and others.
- Opened a page on Graphic Design just now and again saw a +40 badge notification for the same reputation earnings again.
As an active volunteer in the Charcoal chat room I click on posts as they are reported there, so I have probably visited dozens of sites in the network dozens of times during the last few hours. (The Metasmoke search page shows a transcript of recent spam reports at any given time. I have probably not visited all of the posts you see if you click it open right now, but a good part of the ones reported in the last 4-5 hours.)
I also routinely downvote spam posts, so my rep has changed multiple times (the -1 is regained when a spam post is deleted, so the net is something like +49 since I opened my computer this morning, as of right now.)