I have noticed that a few of the less popular sites (like Blender and 3D printing) often contain questions that are very hard to read, mostly because of grammatical errors. I understand that not everyone can write in perfect English, but I feel that a checklist of simple errors they can eliminate might be useful.
That way, whenever such a post is made, the user can be pointed to here so they can improve their future posts.
So here it is. If you have noticed a common mistake that makes a post hard to read, please add it to the answer answer below.
- Please add examples and explain how the error can be fixed.
- Please only add fixes that most people can understand; a complicated explanation about when you should use “its” and “it’s”, for example, might not be helpful to users whose first language isn’t English.
- Please make the answer quick to read. Few people would read through a long post just to fix their grammar.
- Please add an explanation about why this error should be fixed.
- Please make everything understandable to English speakers of any level.