There are users that have earned thousands of rep that are in the (yearly) reputation leagues, but they haven't logged on in a couple years. It's usually a case where the user has decided, for whatever reason to leave the network. I feel it kinda ruins the top users pages, with a bunch of these inactive acocunts.
I think that the Weekly, Monthly and Yearly top users page should be reserved for active users.
A automatic system to hide users from Yearly (Monthly and weekly) rankings if they haven't logged in (to any of their network accounts) for over a year.
- It would automatically reset when the user logs in (and possibly also does some sort of participation - vote, edit, comment etc.)
- It would apply network-wide (as soon as they log into any one of their communities, it resets)
They would still earn rep/badges etc.
One could still search their profile and it will come up.
- They just wouldn't be counted on the top users (for yearly, monthly and weekly) page.
Examples: (stats are for 2017)
- https://apple.stackexchange.com/users/3936 #8 (8,170 rep) Last seen Jan 6 '15
- https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/users/1286 #14 (2,398 rep) Last seen Jul 13 '16
- https://cooking.stackexchange.com/users/41 #25 (2,191 rep) Last seen May 19 '15
- https://superuser.com/users/1931 #13 (7,964) Last seen Jan 9 '12
- https://money.stackexchange.com/users/2998 #21 (4,356 rep) Last seen Sep 18 '16
This one almost fits: (The one post from 2017 only gave 20 rep)
https://photo.stackexchange.com/users/1375 #15 (2,377 rep) Last seen Feb 3 '17