I use English Language Learners forums a lot. In fact, I was in the top 0.48% of reputation earners, but just a couple days ago, I was sitting in an English Lecture, when I noticed that a little of my reputation (about 40 pts) was gone. Almost immediately afterwards, I received a message from the moderators of the site saying that I had been banned for 30 days for "sock puppeting". Turns out that they thought I had used another account to upvote a number of my own posts. I contacted the moderators regarding this issue--obviously I had no reason to do this, surely they'd repeal the ban--but this action was to no avail. They didn't even respond. The next day, I come into class and my classmate was joking about how he was able to successfully get my account banned on the English Language Learning site. Here's the problem:
- Same IP Address because it's the school Wi-Fi.
- Said student can continue to create accounts and upvote my posts until I become suspended.
- There's no way for me to prove that it's not me upvoting my posts.
- I can't post or participate if I am continuously banned.
- I upvoted some of this students posts, because I know him and found his answers to be helpful (one of his answers was also accepted by another user, putting his reputation over the top)
How should I go about this without getting suspended anymore, and being able to keep my account where I've earned a decent amount of reputation? I'm asking about someone intentionally trying to get me suspended.