I accidentally disabled Quack Overflow after asking it one question. How do I reenable it?
Check your cookies
The duck saves a
quack in your cookies. Open your browser's cookie collection and remove the
quack cookie for the site where you want to re-enable Quack Overflow.
For example in Firefox, right click on an empty part of the page, choose "information", then "security" and "show cookies". There should be a
quack cookie with its value set to
1 for the sites where you disabled Quack Overflow. If you remove
quack, Quack Overflow gets re-enabled.
Bookmarklet / code
If you don't want to check your cookies manually, you can also run the following code in your browser's console:
This will unset the
quack cookie. Here's a bookmarklet:
Note that you will need to refresh the page afterwards.
Please take care when you follow the following guides, as wrong usage may make the Cookie Monster cry.
quack=1 cookie in Chrome
- Open the developer tools
- Menu ⮕ More tools ⮕ Developer tools
- Select the "Application" tab.
- Expand the "Cookies" item on the left, and select the Stack Exchange domain you're using.
- Enter "
quack" in the filter/search box.
- Click on the entry that remains in the list to select it.
- Press the "X" (Delete Selected) button to remove it.
- Reload the page.