We are excited to release the first phase of custom question lists for alpha testing. Check out Custom question lists: finding questions you can answer for a refresher on the feature. A reminder that the functionality being released is a new experience for selecting the question lists and new filter/sort controls. The ability to save and reuse "custom lists" comes in phase II.
Note: This functionality is being released on Stack Overflow, Meta Stack Overflow and Meta Stack Exchange. Once it is out of alpha, it will be available on all network sites.
How to opt into the alpha
1. Go to your user preference
2. Check "Opt me in" for the "Custom Question List" feature
You won't be immediately opted in. At first your status will be "Pending". We are limiting the number of people who have access. This will let us find/fix issues with less disruption. And, it will let us manage the load that this new feature puts on the servers (this could be more of an issue in phase II).
4. Test away.
When you do get access to the feature, please try it out. Log bugs as answers on this post.
Schedule for future improvements
This feature will roll out in four phases:
- Phase I: Filter and sort controls to let you modify a question list view (Julyish)
- Phase II: Saved custom lists (In progress, ETA November)
- Phase III: Notifications on custom lists (December)
- Phase IV: Final fixes and official release (January)