In summary: I am looking for a (usability) method to add in the markdown, to provide a link to the user, which either:
- Selects the relevant text, or
- Selects the relevant text and copies it to the user's local clipboard
Does such a mechanism exist on SE?
With respect to this Meta question on SE.3D Printing, Do we have Standardised Comments?, I have a list of standardised comments. Each standardised comment is shown in two formats:
- As block quotes for readability
- As code formatting, for ease of copy and paste (C&P)
As can be seen here
The idea is such that, using the code formatted version of the comment, people can select and copy it, and then paste into comments.
However, instead of the user having to perform two actions:
- wipe to select the code formatted text, (or triple clicking), and then;
- performing a copy (via keyboard, or menu, or right clicking for a contextual menu)
... is there any available functionality on SE, using a simple (additional markdown) link, to reduce the number of actions? Either by:
- Clicking to select
- Clicking to select and copy?
An example of the Click to select functionality can be seen on the Arduino forums, such as Re: problems with stepper motor. Note the
[select] link in the image below:
For example, a markdown construct sort of like this (I apologise for any poorly suggested syntax):
[[copyText]"This text will be selected and copied"]
which would render like this:
[copy] "This text will be selected and copied"