This question already has an answer here:

I came to a situation, where while I was suggesting an edit, the OP already improved it (better than my version). As this was only 1-2 minutes after the question was posed, OP's edit isn't even listed in the edit history. Am I able to retract my own edit, as it makes no longer sence, and would just look like an degradation?
Should I just write a short comment, explaining the issue?

marked as duplicate by Sonic the Anonymous WizHog, Robert Longson, rene support Sep 14 '18 at 14:34

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • @Glorfindel How can I edit the edit summary of a suggested edit? – SomeWindowsUser Sep 14 '18 at 11:37
  • @Glorfindel I don't think this is a duplicate. All OP's edits were already Approved when he posted this. – S.L. Barth Sep 14 '18 at 11:37
  • I'm not sure, I think it's about a situation where it's still pending. But let's see ... – Glorfindel Sep 14 '18 at 11:39
  • @SomeWindowsUser just hit the edit button again and update it. – Glorfindel Sep 14 '18 at 11:39
  • @Glorfindel Could you post the link to the possible duplicate again? I think that was in fact my question. – SomeWindowsUser Sep 14 '18 at 11:40
  • It's still in the "Linked" section on the right. – Glorfindel Sep 14 '18 at 11:46
  • @SomeWindowsUser You can see it as a "linked" question in the right sidebar: meta.stackexchange.com/questions/93268/… – ColleenV Sep 14 '18 at 11:46
  • @ColleenV Operating from mobile, but I found it in the edit history. – SomeWindowsUser Sep 14 '18 at 11:48
  • May not be exactly the same, but answers my question. – SomeWindowsUser Sep 14 '18 at 11:51

There is not much you can do.

The edit is already Approved, and the OP's original improvement is lost.
If the OP's original improvement was still in the history, you could try to roll back to that revision. This option is available if you have full edit privileges (meaning 2000 rep or more). The OP can also roll back to a previous revision, as they have full control over their own posts, regardless of rep level.

If the OP is unhappy with the situation and expresses that unhappiness... well, then you can apologize. You had good intentions, there was just a rather unfortunate sequence of events.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .