Some of the complaints are:
- the new left column is rather bare;
- the font size has shrunk to accommodate the sideways growth; and
- the right column has elements that many don't use.
We can resolve all of them if we migrate all the elements from the right column into the 'left nav'. Here are the benefits:
- the left nav gets filled with potentially useful elements;
- the questions (Stack Exchange's raison d’être) can have a larger font size; and
- those who don't want the extra elements can hide the left nav.
So ... can we please remove the entire right column and move its elements into the left nav?