Why all the downvotes on "updated site theme is now live" announcements?
I have just taken a sample and found sites with downvotes:
- Software Engineering's updated site theme is ready for testing! : -2
- Physics' updated site theme is live for everyone : -4
- Academia's updated site theme is now live for everyone : -13
- Electrical Engineering's updated site theme is now live for everyone : -16
- English Language & Usage's updated site theme is ready for testing! : -21
- https://tex.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/7781/tex-new-site-theme-is-live : -57
- https://math.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/28842/mathematics-new-site-theme-is-live : -131
Compared to sites with upvotes:
- https://unix.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/4923/unix-linux-new-site-theme-is-live : +5
- https://codereview.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/8960/code-reviews-updated-site-theme-is-now-live-for-everyone/8962#8962 : +6
- https://gis.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/4941/giss-updated-site-theme-is-ready-for-testing : +7
- https://judaism.meta.stackexchange.com/q/4755/472 +9 (and -0)
- https://meta.askubuntu.com/questions/18114/ask-ubuntu-new-site-theme-is-live : +10
Is it somehow related to the nature of the site? The users? Or is it just that users are downvoting the question because they don't like the new theme? Or perhaps don't like change?