I took the following steps to try to change my stackoverflow.com password:
- I browse to stackoverflow.com.
- Click Edit Profile & Settings.
- Click on My Logins. There is one, Stack Exchange.
- Click "change password."
- Enter current password, new password and new password (again).
- Click Change Password. I get "An error occurred while attempting to reset password."
I know I have the correct old password because I had to use it to login here at meta.stackexchange.com. Why can't I change my password?