Recently I have seen (and this was confirmed by other users) problems with search.
When searching (on basically any site):
- sometimes the search takes unusually long, but returns results;
- sometimes the search returns no results;
- sometimes the search returns page saying: "We are currently offline for maintenance." (And that StackStatus or the status blog should be checked for updates - but at the moment I do not see any recent posts there.)
Some screenshots can be found in the posts linked below.
As observed by Nog Shine, searching for tags (and words that are automatically converted to tags) seems to work fine.
What is actually the problem? Will this be fixed?
This seems to be a network-wide issue - it has already been reported on some per-site metas:
- Stack Overflow: Searching on tags works, but sorting on type and status doesn't
- Mathematics: Is the search function working on Math.SE?