A long time ago, the Stack Exchange search engine would return posts that matched any one of the search terms. After complaints, a new search engine changed that. Now it only returns posts that match all the search terms.
It is possible to OR combine tags, for example:
- "[image-processing] or [fft]" returns 34,893 questions
- "[image-processing] [fft]" returns 274 questions
But with words this does not work:
- "dipimage" returns 24 results
- "diplib" returns 14 results
- "dipimage diplib" returns 2 results
- "dipimage or diplib" returns 1 result -- it looks for the word "or" as well!
The Stack Overflow search help does not indicate any way of combining word searches with OR (it only references OR in combination with tags). The Meta Stack Exchange search help contains the exact same text.
How can I combine searches?