Disclaimer: I know self-answers are encouraged. Take extra/illicit/morally reprehensible/dishonest rep gain out of the equation.
This discussion will inform my actions on a similar online community.
"While we discourage opinions on our main sites, questions here are likely to generate discussion and involve opinions." Where is the discussion?
I know sometimes sockpupetting is illegal. I also know it's sometimes legal. So here's the scenario.
- Disclose association when asked
- Answer a question asked by another account
Accounts will never
- Comment (except to disclose association when asked)
- Talk in chat (except to disclose association when asked)
- Accept each others answers
- Offer bounties on each others answers
- Participate in voting rings etc.
- Deny association
- Ask questions twice as to circumvent duplicate flagging process
- Do anything illegal or morally reprehensible not mentioned above
Ethical? Please discuss ethics.
I have read the entirety of the question and answer that Mr. Sonic the Inclusive Hedgehog has very kindly suggested.