This question is an exact duplicate of:
As hopefully most moderators are aware, we've been working over the last few months to revamp the moderator flag dashboard. After running a small and then wide alpha, collecting and addressing plenty of feedback along the way, we're officially launching the new design mostly.
We like the new design, we think it makes more sense, will be easier to build on, and is just more pleasant. That said, today might not be the day for you to try a new moderating tool. You may be under a spam attack or cleaning up a bunch of nasty comments from someone's unfriendly bot and a sudden change could mess everything up. For the next few weeks, you will be able to use the old UI by deselecting the "Admin Dashboard Refresh" checkbox on your site's
But please don't unless you have to, and please switch back when you have the bandwidth. The new dashboard is the shipped product, and the old one won't stick around forever - if something's blocking you from using it, we need to address that not ignore it!
As described in the alpha phase announcement post:
Beyond appearances, there have been some thoughtful reworks:
- More / clearer context for flags (e.g., edited-after-flag indicator, post owner indicator).
- Consistent location and ordering for actions on posts, flags, and comments (making muscle memory matter!)
- Comment editing, move comments to chat works the same in the dashboard and on the question page.
- The flag "waffle bar" stays better in sync with changes happening the page and vice versa. Same with actions taken inside embedded posts.
- Responsive design for phones and tablets.
- Previously undiscoverable UI components are now actual buttons.
- "No further action" has been brought inline with the page.
- Smaller quality-of-life improvements along the way.
There are some additional improvements over what shipped last month:
- Less content shifting to minimize mouse movement when handling comment flags.
- Less information overload.
- Flagged answers are treated as the primary UI element rather than their parent question. (Less question information, links go to answer.)
- Auto-flags don't have the long unneeded dismiss UI.
- Previously viewed posts are less faded and should be easier to read without hovering over them.
- Various bug fixes and design tweaks.
A special note for international site mods
I've reached out to the international team with the (mostly accurate) list of recently introduced strings that need to be translated for this feature. The strings and hashes are available in this Google sheet.
At the end of July 2019, we will review feedback we receive and run additional rounds of interviews. After this, we expect to share an updated timeline on when the legacy UI will be decommissioned. If everything is relatively minor, we would aim to turn it off as early as early August.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Since we are officially out of alpha, all bugs and feature requests should be done in the form of questions tagged flag-dashboard on MSE, not answers on this post. Feel free to post an answer here if you have specific concerns about the release process.