I need to ask a question about network port forwarding, but I don't know where to ask it.

Somewhere else completely?


Yes, those two sites (and Server Fault) come to mind. It's largely a matter of whether you're asking a 'professional' or 'consumer' question:

Network Engineering Stack Exchange is for asking questions about professionally managed networks in a business environment.


(Note: All questions about RESIDENTIAL/HOME networking and CONSUMER-grade equipment, are explicitly OFF-topic.)

(from the Network Engineering Help Center)

Server Fault is for questions about managing information technology systems in a business environment.

If your question is about:

  • managing the hardware or software of servers, workstations, storage or networks


and is not about:

  • consumer workstations or networking (which belong on our sister site, Super User)

(from the Server Fault Help Center)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .