Recently it came to my attention how easy it is for someone to get the Necromancer badge multiple times.
- Repost a popular answer from any of the top most popular answers to the same question
- 5 upvotes
And you can even get multiple Necromancer badges from the same question. Not only that, you don't have anything to lose because all those questions are wikis so downvotes don't count. It is also difficult to detect because each one of those popular questions have hundreds of answers. In my opinion that really undermines all other "tough to get" silver badges, like: Epic, Guru, Notable Question ...
- This one a duplicate of this.
- Another one: same user, same question a duplicate of this.
- A third one duplicate of this
- Multiple duplicates of this
I'm not saying the posters in those examples are abusing the system. I'm just pointing out how easy it is to abuse it. I believe this badge should really be a bronze one if at all. Or modify the rule so only unanswered questions count.
I know this isn't the only way to abuse the system, but it is one of the easiest.
status-completed. Deleting those just treats the symptom. Leaving open for further discussion.