Earlier today I asked a question, seeking to clarify whether Stack Exchange (the commercial organisation) subscribes to a particular pseudo-scientific idea or not.
There ensued an animated, albeit entirely civil, discussion.
- Some people supported subscribing to the idea, regardless of SE's perspective
- Some people opposed subscribing to the idea, regardless of SE's perspective
- Some people speculated that SE probably subscribed to the idea
- Some people felt the question was ambiguous
- Many people thought the question worth downvoting
- Many other people thought the question worth upvoting
Certainly there was no unanimity, but there definitely was no shortage of intelligent exchange. Between humans.
Then Community♦ came along.
Community♦ deleted the question and said:
This question was deleted as spam or offensive
I don't think the question was either spam or offensive.
I'm fairly certain that many others, whichever position above they took, also did not consider the question spam or offensive.
Is there any way to appeal a Community♦ judgement? Or is the judgement final?