The filter tag, used on 27 questions has no excerpt or wiki, and it's used in quite a few different situations, see below. I think we should get rid of it, but slowly, in order not to flood the homepage with edits.
Post quality filters:
(these can probably be retagged to quality-filter)
- Any way to work around filtering of links containing numeric addresses?
- Can the warning system for question titles adapt to warn about tone in answers and comments?
- Do not force editors of old questions to change a title with problem words
- Trigger "don't do this" message if question starts/ends with filler
- Cannot edit question without also changing the title
- Please remove the s/!/?/ title filter from Metaǃ
- Should we warn on "should"?
- How does the automatic subjective filter work?
Search / general question navigation:
- Filtering, sorting, showing
- Combination of noanswers and mytags
- filter answers after search when clicking on label (include/exclude)
- Filter for Objective C only
- votes 'range' filter in viewing questions
- Conditional Filters
- How can I format a query so that search matches tags by OR instead of AND?
- Is it possible to view questions in SO without comments?
- Filter "Questions" based on topic
- How can I browse community wiki posts?
Review queue filters
- Review queue audit doesn’t take current filter mode into account
- Filter by tag in Close Votes review gives question without that tag
- Is it possible to customize suggested edit reviews?
- Apply filter to exclude particular tag in close vote queue
- Filter revision history
- Filter Stack Exchange homepage
- I've also proposed stackexchange-filter (13 questions, no excerpt/wiki) to be a synonym for tag-filters (152 questions), you can vote for it here.
- Sensitivity of auto-question block (post-ban instead of ban and filter)
- Careers 2.0 Search Function: Why is Joel Score not included as a search filter? (off-topic, filter can be removed)
Any thoughts? Am I missing something - there might be a good reason to keep this tag?