Is there a Stack Exchange site where I can ask about what causes my clothes (usually upper body clothes, such as sweaters) to make certain soft sounds when taking them off or moving them after sitting in front of the computer (not moving a lot) for a long time?

My guess is that it has to do with the heat produced by the computer, some type of radiation or both, but I would like to know more details about it.

I'm thinking the Physics site might be the most appropriate but I'm not confident about it.

Edit: My question in the Physics site.

  • 3
    That sounds ok for Physics. Here's an existing similar question: physics.stackexchange.com/q/168293/123208 Your question may get closed as a duplicate of that one...
    – PM 2Ring
    Jan 22, 2020 at 12:09
  • @PM2Ring Thank you. I did not found that question on my quick search. It does indeed seem to approach my question even though it unfortunatly does so in complex terms for me. Jan 22, 2020 at 12:14

1 Answer 1


I think you're on the right track with thinking about Physics Stack Exchange. What you describe does seem to be a physics phenomenon, and that site has some questions about physics in every day life, e.g.

The first example question in their Help Center is another example of this:

  • Thanks. I'm glad to know that it's on topic with one of the network's sites. Jan 22, 2020 at 12:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .