Recently (in the past week or so) I have noticed that windows in which I have multiple tag filters in effect -- say serialization + c# -- the
X questions with new activity banner will give wrong information, and when clicked on will generate wrong results. Only by reloading the window can I get a correctly filtered set of questions.
Details as follows.
Earlier today on Stack Overflow I opened a window for all questions tagged with
[c#], newest first:
After a couple hours I noticed there were 41 new questions:
I then reloaded the page and found that, actually, there were no new questions at all matching both tags:
As the newest question in the list, Select SQL Server DatetimeOffset as .Net DateTimeOffset.Ticks, was completely unmodified today according to its timeline.
However, in windows with just a single tag filter, say
[.net], the banner does appear to give correct information.
Somehow the filtering logic is getting wrongly applied when showing results in the
X questions with new activity banner. This appears to be a regression from When I search for certain tags, the "X new questions with update" comes up only one one of the tags (from 2012) for which the accepted answer states:
After the next deploy we will support both the AND and the OR operators on tags for realtime updates which will fix this issue...
My impression is that it started happening within the past week or so.
Note: possibly the same underlying problem as "X questions with new activity" notification now triggering for ignored tags.