I suggest shortening this particular FAQ Answer significantly: https://meta.stackexchange.com/a/121351/718637 and also to shorten the FAQ itself.
- I feel that particular answer and the FAQ itself is not easily digestible.
- The FAQ should be accessible, above all, to newcomers as they are the ones most likely to need that information.
- Being a newcomer myself I think there is just too much information in the FAQ and in this particular article
- Background information should be hidden from view (via links) so newcomers can decide how deep they would like to dive into a topic and how much time they have available to invest.
Summarize the FAQ answer in a very short manner which is readable in few Seconds. This answer should be structured like that:
- Calm down the newcomers worries
- Provide some basic reasons on why the downvotes happen
- Provide the newcomer with a easy way to work on getting fewer downvotes
For an examplary FAQ answer see: https://meta.stackexchange.com/a/344758/718637
A much shorter version of this answer could even be implemented as a pop-up when the first downvote is cast against a newcomer's post. Like for example: "Hey, you received a Downvote! Dont worry, the People here only want to improve your experience when using the site. For more Information on How to Improve see here: xxxx"