I wanted to share with you about who the people that work on our Community are, and how we are organized. For context, I (Teresa Dietrich) am the head of Product, Community, Design and Engineering, a combined Chief Product and Technology Officer. I joined the company in mid January and report directly to Prashanth Chandrasekar, the CEO. Both of the following teams are members of the organization that I lead.
Our Community Team endeavors to ensure the well-being of our sites and that the needs of our users are heard. That means focusing on things like facilitating communication from our users to the company, and making sure our users are well aware of initiatives coming from inside Stack Overflow. We also are responsible for the trust and safety for our users, and supporting our moderators and curators.
The Community Team includes:
- Philippe - VP of Community
- Rosie - Manager, Community Engagement and Enablement
- Cesar M - Manager, Trust & Safety and Community Support
- Catija - Community Manager
- JNat - Community Manager
- Nicolas Chabanovsky - Community Manager / Data Analyst
- Slate - Community Manager
- Vanny - Community Manager
- V2Blast - Community Manager
- SpencerG - Community Manager
- Bella_Blue - Community Manager
- Salmon_of_Wisdom - Community Manager
- Berthold - Community Manager
- Dalmarus - Community Manager
The Community Team is divided into four sub-teams: the Community Engagement and Enablement team, the Trust and Safety Team, the Community Strategy team, and the Community Support team.
The Community Engagement and Enablement team
(led by Rosie) is responsible for projects involving tools and requests from the community, such as running elections and handling tickets escalated by moderators.
The Trust and Safety team (led by Cesar) is responsible for handling user safety on the platform, including preventing harassment, PII concerns, and other abusive behaviors on the network.
The Community Support team (also led by Cesar) is responsible for communication and support for moderators and users, and they staff our community manager escalations emails. This team is who you'll primarily be dealing with when you write us from the /contact pages.
The Community Strategy team (led by Philippe) consists of the team leads for each of the teams, as well as Nic, our data analyst, and Berthold, who is the main CM for Collectives on Stack Overflow, and looks after our liaison work with the product team (this is time spent consulting on tooling, new features, etc, and communicating them out to you, as well as collecting and sharing feedback to the product teams).
We have recently renamed the product development team that builds our public Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange sites to the Public Platform Team. You may see questions and/or answers from members of this team here and across the sites.
Our Public Platform Team includes:
- Des Darilek - Director of Product, Public Platform. Responsible for Product Management, Design, and User Research.
- Brendan Cleary - Senior Product Manager
- Emma Zhu - Product Researcher
- Jon Chan - Engineering Manager, Public Platform
- Adam Lear - Staff Developer
- Felippe Rangel - Senior Developer
- Kristina Lustig - Developer
- Kyle Pollard - Developer
- Yaakov Ellis - Tech Lead and Staff Developer (and Community Advocate)
Yaakov Ellis, a developer on the Public Platform Engineering team, has recently taken on an additional role as Community Advocate. He now spends approximately 25% of his time working on community projects including policy and communication. He also leads a group of employees throughout the company that are or have been active members of our community called the Community Members at Large. This team of about 10 are volunteers who care deeply about the community and provide feedback around policy and communications.
I hope this gives you some insights into who we are and how we work together. If you have questions or if there are any clarifications I can make, please put them in an answer and we’ll try to respond as best we can.