Earlier I used to have multiple stack exchange accounts:
- Account C I wanted for publicly identifiable (in the sense that it had my LinkedIn URL and real photo) and mostly involved StackOverflow contribution.
- Another account B which mainly involved academic contributions (cs.stackexhcnage, math.stackexchange) was not publicly identifiable. This was to ensure my employer won't come to know about my academic interest and don't feel that I will leave the job to pursue some academic aspirations. (One of my bosses came to know about my academic aspirations, and he never gave me good appraisals. :\ )
- I had another account A which was created accidentally and I immediately merged it with B after some days as I was using it for academic contributions.
Earlier I wasn't aware that we can hide our accounts from different sites from StackExchange profile page. So I created such multiple different accounts.
If I remember it correct I merged account A with B by following below steps:
- Logged in to account B on StackOverflow
- Go to add logins page:
https://stackoverflow.com/users/mylogins/<account B numeric id>
add more logins..button
- Login in with google account of account A
However, now I am trying to merge this merged account to account C by following the same steps, but it says the following:
The link in the popup is this. It further asks to fill in this form and StackOverflow team will reach me to confirm the same. I don't remember such manual confirmation happened when merging account A and B. It was all automatic and immediate.
Once I tried to "merge using Google", but it simply refreshed current profile as I was logged into current profile using google only.
Is automatic immediate merging account no more possible? Is verification by StackOverflow team essential?