I am an engineering student and from time to time, I find myself in the need to use Computer-Assisted-Design tools.
For my part, I mostly use FreeCAD but I don't know on which part of StackExchange such questions should be asked.

  • Stack Overflow is for programming
  • Super User is for General Computer Stuff
  • Blender is for Computer Graphics

I don't know on which part of the sites one should turn into if the need to ask general CAD questions arise.


1 Answer 1


This would sort under mechanical engineering, but there is no dedicated site for that. The closest one seems to be https://engineering.stackexchange.com/ which has both CAD and mechanical-engineering tags, as well as specific ones such as Autocad and Solid Works etc.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .