Stack Exchange developed two mobile apps: Stack Exchange app and Stack Overflow app.
The Stack Overflow app has been delisted for a while from the respective store:
- What happened to the Stack Overflow app for Android?
- Stack Overflow Mobile app removed from iOS App Store?
However, just recently, the Stack Exchange Android app also disappeared from Play Store, while the iOS version is still there on App Store.
- AppBrain stated that it was delisted on July 28, 2020.
- There was no Play Store deadlines around that time.
- Looks like the app was actually removed (possibly due to a violation), thus the listing cannot be even accessed for those who have installed it before.
P.S.: Asking the question for animuson:
Do you know if this was asked about on Meta anywhere? It was not intentional for [the Stack Exchange app] to disappear, so if there's a question about why it disappeared it'd be nice to get a status-review on that so we can look into it more. [...] The Stack Overflow app was a separate app. That one should be gone from the stores. The Stack Exchange app is not maintained but was supposed to still stick around.