The current design of all stack-exchange sites allow the users to Watch and Ignore tags. The purpose of this feature has been described in the following post:
What do “watched tags” and “ignored tags” do?
Watching tags have the following effects:
- Questions with these tags become highlighted on the front page.
- Questions with new activity are shown on stackexchange.com/filters.
- In the review queues, questions from these tags are shown to you before other questions.
- On Stack Overflow (and very active sites), this affects how questions are displayed on the home page (Recent questions) and the various questions pages.
Stack Exchange permits the user to watch multiple tags at once (Upper limit is not known, probably all the tags available on the site). An example of which can be seen below
Convert the symbol to interactive such that upon mouseclick the symbol can alter between and the purpose of which will be to ignore the current list of watched tags and not use any filtering algorithms to view questions on the main page.
- Ease of altering between filtered preview and unfiltered preview of a specific page (Active, Interesting, Bountied, etc.).
- Gives scope for answering questions or reading about existing answers which can also contribute to overall knowledge of the user.