An attempt to improve answer quality while limiting redundance within answers:
Please provide your opinion about the following suggestions as an answer, so we can have a discussion to potentially improve answer quality.
- systematize approval of edits through creation of a upvote system for suggestions.
- allow users to gain reputation for upvoted contributions (improved answers / approved edits).
- create an incentive for users to contribute to already existing answers.
Note: I am aware of the current
+2 rep for accepted edits. This is different from the hereby suggested incentive for edits though, which would be proportional to its usefulness (determined by upvotes, the community, or otherwise).
In case there are plenty of answers to a question already,
- the first post has great chances of long-term success (regardless of original quality)
- contributing to a large answer currently won't earn reputation (beyond a single +2)
- duplicating an answer to append new info among useful edits results in massive redundance among answers