Reputation should be displayed on mouseover for each of the users listed in the blue "Closed question" box. This box appears at the top of the closed question. This change will make the look and feel of the list of the users consistent with rest of the site. For example:
- Reputation and badges are displayed for the OP, for the users who answered the question, and for the users who edited the question or the answers.
- Reputation is displayed on mouseover for the users who commented on posts.
- The relatively unobtrusive mouseover rep gives a quick "intro", enabling one to see to what extent the user who closed the question is a "veteran" on the site. This is analogous to the rep displayed next to the user who asked/answered the question. One can learn a lot from occasionally following the profile link to high rep users, exploring their posts, etc.
- Additional information can be useful in ways that are hard to predict. Unfortunately, it is hard to quantify that before the change is done. One could do experiments to measure the improvement (if any) in questions reopened (or not) with vs. without the change implemented.
- If you do not like rep displayed on mouseover, you have to make an effort to not accidentally move your mouse over the user name.
- The proposed change does nothing for those who access the site on a smartphone.
- For some users, the only desired places to display the rep is next to questions or answers, or on the user profile page. Even the mouseover of the rep for comments is not needed.