Time to time I come across the following situation:
- I notice that something is wrong on SE and needs to change.
- I go to Meta.SE to find out this already have been reported by someone with little yet positive feedback from community and no official response. I also have something (in my opinion) valuable to further justify that this problem needs fixing.
Now, what am I supposed to do next?
- Upvote the question pointing the problem out. Most obvious thing to do, but doesn't help much with attracting attention.
- Comment of question pointing adding my idea on why it's so important. Not bad, but will help even less in ways of attention.
- Post an answer instead of comment from previous point. But I don't really have an answer?..
- Post another question with my arguments only to be closed as dupe. Seemingly rather effective at attracting attention, but I know better than doing so.
- Post a bounty on question (after commenting and upvoting): probably good at getting attention, but whom am I offering rep to? The answer I'm expecting would be from SE itself and it feels odd to give away internet points to point out someone else's design issues.
- Give up my ideals and take part in Twitter Driven Development. Probably efficient, but makes me sad.