I’ve restored the profile age to all and fixed a few bugs y’all reported. I’ll be addressing individual answers as best as I can.
On our way to a fully responsive Stack Overflow, we just shipped some changes to the user profile. We won’t be enabling responsiveness just yet, but the top portion will be ready to be squishy.
I hope these changes are low impact on our way to a fully responsive profile. Think of this as more a realignment than a redesign.
Some changes that you’ll see immediately:
- Basic reach-related stats moved to underneath the avatar near reputation.
- Various links and other stats are now under the display name and some stats behind are only viewable by you or a moderator.
- We got rid of the “Apparently, this user prefers to keep an air of mystery about them”, instead showing no biography. If it’s your profile and you don’t have a biography, we show a call to action to add one.
- We’ve added an
Edit profilebutton under the avatar if you’re a moderator or you’re viewing your own profile.
- Biographies now have way more room horizontally, but we still cap to vertical scrolling.
- The consecutive visit calendar UI has gone away. This is some super legacy UI that isn’t remotely mobile-friendly. The statistic will continue to be displayed for badge-earning purposes, but I think it’s a potentially toxic metric.
- Dropped the profile views metric entirely. It’s a vanity metric and we don’t think it’s worth keeping around.