I have no problem with my question being closed as a dupe; hey, I got an answer! Yet, the way the "Does this answer your question" message works is not great at all. Let me explain.
- I post the question -- I have a problem to solve
- Someone thinks it's a duplicate, they flag it, and the message pops up.
- I get notified and duly go to check whether the other question is, indeed, a dupe
- It takes me a couple of minutes to check that it's a dupe (read the answer, try the solution, run the tests)
- Other users in the meantime VTC without checking, so they close the question at light speed. Bless them.
- I go back to the question tab to vote, "yes," as the dupe answers the question
- I have to "sadomasochistically" press "Submit." What's wrong with using "Yes" and "No" buttons and better terminology?
- I get punished by a "The question is already closed" message. I go from being happy I found a solution to being upset that my question is closed, without my input, and that somehow I did something incorrect by trying to help the system by voting.
- The system suggests I delete my question. Thanks, but I'm not deleting something I put some effort in; too bad you don't value it.
- The spinner gets stuck forever
Please fix this interaction:
- remove the Submit button in favor of Yes and No or, at least, change the word so it explains what happens next
- Radio buttons for a yes/no questions are to improve.
- don't blame me for trying to help with a useless message
- fix the infinite spinner
Bonus content, the error is here:
in this case,
json.Success should be set to true, so the page reloads, instead of sending the useless "the question has already been closed, sucker(*)" in
(*) it may, or may not, actually say "sucker," but it felt like it