Congratulations to the community on Cardano! They have officially left Public Beta as of today.
In December, we had 59 sites on the Stack Exchange Network shed their Beta labels. We also announced that Community Managers now have the ability to remove sites from Public Beta once they meet the criteria, without needing a developer. The current criteria for losing the Beta label are:
- The site needs to be in Beta for at least six months
- The site needs to have at least 1000 open questions
- At least 70% of the questions on the site need to have at least one upvoted answer
Similar to the sites that left Beta in December, Cardano will:
- have the word “Beta” removed from the banner at the top of the site
- be moved to the “Launched” sites list on Area 51, which will also remove the Area 51 information box from the right sidebar of the site
- retain the artificially-lowered reputation thresholds for site privileges, so those thresholds will stay the same as in Beta
- have their full-site moderator elections scheduled in the future (as we mentioned in December, we'll start scheduling full-site elections in the spring)
- be eligible for community ads (we'll be talking about that more in the near future)
Congratulations again to the Cardano community and their moderator team on this milestone!