I was wondering why the preview is below the question's editor and not to its side?
- A long question may require scrolling up and down to check the layout.
- The window in which to type a question is very narrow, it's roughly 20% of my screen's height.
- Text is more readable in narrow columns, which mean a lot of horizontal screen real estate is not used.
- Screens are generally wider than taller so it would fit.
- The 'non question' part of the screen is not very useful in general and could be relocated
Assuming I have a long question, I can either view it in a small window, or I can extend the view and push the preview away from the visible area.
This is not helpful:
But this would be significantly better:
Has this ever been considered / discussed?