In the flagging menu (see bottom for reference), almost every single category has a link to a clarifying help center entry. The only exceptions are:
- Duplicates (which has a comprehensive submenu making complete misuse unlikely)
- "In need of moderator intervention".
As it is, there seems to be significant confusion about number 2:
- What are acceptable reasons for flagging as "Requires Moderator attention"?
- Removing wrong duplicate flag when there is a correct duplicate flag
- Should we flag for moderator attention after close votes expire?
- I recently unintentionally misused the feature myself for a duplicate case, but eventually got that resolved through chat instead.
-> I would like to see a help center entry containing examples for correct and incorrect usecases for this feature, and have it linked in the flagging menu.
- The current wording is quite broad, newer users do not have good intuition on what the responsibilities of a moderator are.
- This is the fallback option, increasing the likelihood of it being selected for situations where the user is unsure.
- I suspect that this change could save quite some moderator time, and in turn prevent users from feeling bad about wasting somebody's time.
Menu for reference: