I got some flack for this earlier, so let me re-phrase. I added a gravatar a while ago now, and I can see the gravatar updated on sites other than stackoverflow, but not on stackoverflow. I looked around on meta, saw that other people had the same problem, tried their fixes, and still had the same problem.
I'm still having this problem. I read all the "duplicates" suggested by Downvoter, including all answers and comments. I tried the following:
- I logged out of gravatar.
- I logged out of stackoverflow.
- I logged out of gravatar, stackoverflow and meta
- I changed my email address. This updated my gravatar immediately, but only to a different (uglier) automatically generated image.
- I cleared my browser cache.
- I disabled my browser cache.
- I used a different computer.
- I used a different browser.
- I used a different browser on a different computer, one that I rarely use and which had never been to stack overflow, meta, gravatar, or wordpress.
As far as I can tell, every previously asked question uses some combination of the above to update the gravatar, and it still doesn't seem to be working.