On the meta home page I noticed the community user is listed as doing something, but cannot figure out what it is. There is nothing on the question or its timeline, but the recent activity is listed with the same timestamp.
This is an automatic process that randomly bumps questions to give them second chance, by making them appear in the homepage.
As officially described here, those are the conditions that a question must first meet:
Then the process will take randomly max 1 per hour from questions where all the above is true, and bump it. This action is not visible anywhere (e.g. no revision) except the fact it re-appears in the site homepage.
The answer is on the community user profile page..
Hi, I'm not really a person.
I'm a background process that helps keep this site clean!
I do things like
- Randomly poke old unanswered questions every hour so they get some attention
- Own community questions and answers so nobody gets unnecessary reputation from them
- Own downvotes on spam/evil posts that get permanently deleted
- Own suggested edits from anonymous users
- Remove abandoned questions