If a link has gone stale in an answer, what is the correct way to report this in the SO universe?

e.g. Jon's first link in

Bad Link Answer

I have added a comment but not found the correct link yet.


If you can edit it with a correct one, then I would do so... If the link is bad, and the correct one cannot be determined, I'd edit the question/answer and note that the URL was not working as of MM/DD/YYYY...

I would also add a comment to the question/answer informing the poster that there was an issue with the link (you can do this regardless of ability to edit)...


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .