Apart from parsing [X]HTML with an regex, what are the most frequently asked questions where, if the person did what they were planning to do, they'd summon Cthulhu?
How can I prevent the user from [doing something with his own machine]?
- changing the font size in their browser
- killing a process
- copying a certain file
- viewing web page source
- … (feel free to extend)
More often than not, I suppose these are just questions where the asker doesn't really understand the issue, rather than someone who's up to plain evil.
But in any case, the raging hordes will be right around the corner.
Personal affiliate ID's in links to Amazon et al seem to bring on the wrath of Cthulhu:
Not frequent as such - but definitely summons the full wrath of SO;
4 questions in a row:
- how can I do an install that the user doesn't see and doesn't appear in the remove programs window?
- how do I capture key presses?
- give me a regex for credit card numbers?
- how do I send ASCII characters to an off-shore web-service?