There is a special linking to some sites in chat, also known as "onebox". What is the full list of supported and integrated sites?
The current list of integrated (we call this onebox, or oneboxing, ala search engines) sites is:
- Stack Exchange sites: Home pages, questions, answers, users, and comments (except for deleted things)
- Stack Exchange Chat: Messages, rooms, user profiles, and bookmarked conversations
- This works for links from all three chat servers, regardless of the server it's posted on. As an example, links from Stack Overflow chat can onebox even when posted on the general Stack Exchange chat or Meta Stack Exchange chat.
- Area 51 proposals
- Posts from the Stack Overflow blog
- Launchpad bugs
- Man pages, specifically the Ubuntu-hosted versions
- Trello cards (as long as they're publicly readable, of course)
- Wikipedia pages (exception: interwiki URLs)
- XKCD comics
- YouTube videos
- Wiktionary entries
Note that the link must be the only thing in the chat message, after a possibly replying-to link (
:123456). In particular, a message containing
@user won't onebox.