- The script to auto rename is not working at full warp yet on some older posts.
- The search algorithm doesn't consider the synonyms.
ok, so if
- the question count is 0 for a
- it's for a single tag
we test to see if that's a synonym, and if so, redirect to the parent.
There are complicating factors here:
- Tag synonyms only affect the future, they do not fix the past, we still need to run merges. If mods are being slow in this department, post a question on meta.
- If, for example, you had a synonym csharp => c# a. When a user types in csharp in the text box and hits enter should it search for c#, what if there are still questions tagged csharp? (now you can not find them) b. Perhaps the user really wanted to search for csharp in the post body?
I'm tempted to decline this as it feels too complicated