Why, you ask?
- As a shorthand for the most common chat action.
- Gives users another way to participate in the conversation.
- Allows to tracking of blame, and should allow us to build nifty blame trees and webs.
How would it work, you say?
/blame userName|soDevs|soe|jeff [reason]
UserNameis the username of the person to blame in the @UserName format.
soDevsblames all the StackOverflow developers in one easy to remember group.
soeblames all Stack Overflow Employees, for those times when just the developers aren't good enough.
jeffBlames user 1.
UserName blames UserName for Reason.
- Each blame is entered into the tables for tracking as part of the monthly blame leagues, and will be exported in the data dump.
- Any user who is blamed five (5) times in the same day loses all unicornify privileges for that day. (Since it is impossible to live more than two days without that privilege.)
I can't wait to see how this makes chat a better place!