I just have a thought on the new link badges:
- Announcer - Shared a link to a question that was visited by 50 unique IP addresses in 2 days
- Booster - Shared a link to a question that was visited by 400 unique IP addresses in 3 days
- Publicist - Shared a link to a question that was visited by 1,000 unique IP addresses in 4 days
A user share a link to a question on StackOverflow.com in his blog. The link is visited by 50 unique IP addresses within two days, which should give him an Announcer badge.
But on the third day, suddenly the link is visited by another 350 unique addresses (so 400 in total), which should give him Booster badge.
Then lastly on the fourth day, (as you might already guess what I wanted to say) the link is visited by another 600 unique addresses (so 1000 in total), which should give him Publicist badge.
I know each badge can only be earned on a different question (based on Jeff's blog), so the user above won't get all three badges. The questions I want to ask are:
- Would the user get a bronze Announcer badge or a gold Publicist badge for the above scenario?
- If the answer above is bronze, does it mean that the users have to get low-level badge (bronze) before getting the corresponding high-level badge (gold)?
- When is the badge awarded? After 2nd day (bronze)? After 4th day (gold)?