Refreshing the Stack Overflow home page is giving me an
This one was my fault.
UPDATE: Our 5 Why Assessment of the situation
Problem: there is an alert on every page of Stack Overflow
- Why? Because Matt deployed a version of the Careers ad code with a debugging line in it
- Why? Because he forgot to remove it before pushing his change
- Why? Because he did not eat a nutritious breakfast, which studies have proven improves school performance
- Why? Because he moved recently and was preoccupied worrying about his upcoming commute
- Why? Because he got a great deal on an apartment
- (bonus!) Why? http://projects.nytimes.com/crime/homicides/map (see: Bedford Stuyvesant)
Beatings will be administered after lunch.
Matt got a badge!
I'm seeing this too. It appears to be due to the following:
I wonder if this is the new form of hiring new employees. Put some random bug/feature into the site and see how fast somebody:
- tracks it down
- offers a workaround
- offers a fix
- offers a cool hackish trick that you can do with it.
- all of the above
Too bad I was late to the game seeing it was related to careers! 8^D