Is there anyway to report an abusive user, or can I just flag abusive posts?

  • 10
    How can you complain about abusive users while writing comments like this one, effectively insulting everyone on these sites who take the time to be a moderator?
    – Pekka
    Commented Jan 2, 2011 at 21:19
  • I can also note that I had to flag several of this users posts as offensive: stackoverflow.com/users/122299 It's evidently the same user. This after he heaped abuse over me, after recommending him to explain what "does not work" meant, instead of asking for someone who had had the same problem. He has now gone on a campaign to give me as many minuses he can. Good advertising for his company, I think... :-/ @Robert: maybe you should just stop being offended by people asking you to clarify your questions? Commented Jan 2, 2011 at 21:43

2 Answers 2


You can only flag abusive posts. We don't want to see a flag where you're describing a user as abusive. We want to see exactly what they did.

  • 1
    If I have to flag a comment from a mod, who gets to review it, the same mod?
    – Logic1
    Commented Jan 17, 2020 at 0:59

Flag one of the abusive posts as "Requires Moderator attention", and describe the issue in the resulting text box. Alternatively, write to the team at [email protected] (using the contact us link at the bottom of all pages).

  • 1
    Contacting [email protected] id futile. Tried that in vain. Just useless copy paste answers with no connection to the problem at hand.
    – Anderson
    Commented Sep 17, 2013 at 12:07

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .