Incomplete pages when browsing questions and answers in my profile
The question below was originally posted to Meta Server Fault and after several people could reproduce it as a bug it was suggested that I move it here to get more eyeballs on it. The original question is http://meta.serverfault.com/questions/1063/ajaxy-control-buttons-on-user-profile-page-can-break.
In looking at suggested questions when I typed the in the title on meta.SO, I have the following comments:
This is not a duplicate of these questions (though they are probably semi-related):
- Implement ajax back button support in the user page, paging
My bug is probably a root-cause dupe for the following. I'm filing this as a new bug because it includes steps to reproduce and I already have it typed up.
In Chrome 8.0.552.224 on Windows 7, I found a bug in which I receive what looks to me like the raw, unformatted output of an AJAX call instead of having that output incorporated in the page correctly. I seem to be able to reproduce it at will in Chrome. I was going to say that Firefox 3.6.13 didn't have the same problem, but I banged on it some more and recreated it there too.
Here's what my page looks like when I follow the steps below:
Here are the steps to reproduce in Chrome:
- Load serverfault.com
- Click on my username at the top to load my profile
- Scroll down to "Answers" section
- Click on any of the "answers" page numbers to to go any page but #1 (so, click "2" or "next")
- Click on any of the answers to load that question page in the same tab
- Click the back button to return from the question page to the profile page
- Scroll back down to the "answers" page numbers again
- Click a different page number
- Boom, all the data that should be loaded in the answers section, but in a new page, not incorporated in the profile page.
These are steps to reproduce in Firefox (this works in Chrome too and is actually a simpler way to reproduce, but I'm leaving the Chrome steps because it's how I found the problem originally which might be useful reference):
- Load serverfault.com
- Click my username to load profile page
- Scroll to answers
- Click one of the numbers to go to a different page of answers (2, for instance)
- F5 to reload the page
- Scroll back down and click another answer page index number (2 again will work)
- And again, what appears to be the AJAX response rather than the page with the response incorporated into it.